Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. Powered by the world’s most comprehensive collection of technology research, data and tools, Gartner Consulting Industry Service Lines (ISLs) help CIOs and IT leaders in specific industries achieve stronger business outcomes in a digital world.
Gartner Consulting ISLs are led by subject matter experts who understand your specific industry context. We are immersed in the markets we serve, which gives us thorough knowledge of trends, innovation and leading practices. We focus on your mission-critical priorities to objectively help guide strategic planning, acquisition and implementation of transformative IT. The strength of Gartner’s IT perspectives, coupled with deep industry insight, helps Gartner Consulting ISLs provide our clients with a unique, independent resource to drive decision confidence.
Ask your Gartner representative about attending a Gartner Consulting ISLs clinic to help you move confidently from insight to action to impact. Learn more by sending an inquiry to email@example.com. Include the topic(s) of interest and relevant information on your organization and related program context.
Gartner Consulting ISLs Coverage
Assessment, Tax and Revenue
- Customer/constituent experience (CX) improvement strategies in local government to enhance public/social sentiment for property tax and assessor organizations
- Data and analytics strategies to identify opportunities to improve data governance, master data management, fidelity, quality of data and effective deployment
- Integrated property tax and assessment system modernization strategies, acquisition and deployment
- Enterprise application modernization programs for student information systems (SISs), HR/finance (enterprise resource planning [ERP]) and learning management systems (LMSs)
- Enabling appropriate access to digital resources and protecting school districts’ stakeholder information through cybersecurity, resilience and identity and access management (IAM)
- Data-driven insights into educational policy, strategy, decision making and public investment through data and analytics strategy, governance and literacy
Health and Human Services
- Integrated health and human services, client-centric strategy and integration to enable service access and improve outcomes for clients, families and targeted populations
- Federally funded application modernization strategy, acquisition and oversight for case management, care management, electronic health records (EHRs), mobility and interoperability
- Enterprise information management, data and analytics strategy, and operating models to enable evidence-based decision making, anticipate/predict trends and enhance performance
Licensing, Permitting and Regulatory
- Licensing, permitting and regulatory modernization strategy providing improved operations, services and swift outcomes for constituents
- Elections IT modernization strategy to enable safe and secure elections and equitable process for the public
- Pensions administration IT modernization to improve retiree experience by ensuring accurate member data, robust self-service capabilities and timely retirement processing
Public Safety and Justice
- Integrated justice information system (IJIS) strategy and deployment in support of advancing justice outcomes and enabling public trust
- Core application modernization strategies, acquisition and deployment (case management, jail management, records management, computer-aided dispatch)
- Information management, data government and data analytics maturity and leading practices — supporting federated information systems and related public safety and justice (PSJ) stakeholders
Explore more Gartner Research and Insights
Detailed predictions, opportunities and actions for government leaders. Ambitious strategic objectives like cloud-based legacy modernization and use of AI demand action even when the future is unclear.
Technology is critical to success, so set your action plan with the help of the Gartner Top 10 Technology Trends 2023 for Government.
This list clarifies which technology trends are likely to be most relevant, when, so you can prepare to capture their value to drive priority strategies.
Make faster, smarter decisions with confidence as you transform government. Experienced and new to role leaders use Gartner to take action on key initiatives, leverage practical tools for effective execution of mission-critical priorities, engage with other Government leaders through extensive peer and networking events, increase influence and break out of siloed work streams across IT and business teams.
Digital government is designed and operated to take advantage of digital data and technology to create, optimize and transform digital government services. Find answers to your most pressing digital government challenges alongside the tools to execute on your priorities to achieve it.
Digital transformation in government can seem impossible, but how can you achieve it?
Seventy-two percent of digital government programs accelerated in response to pandemic demands, but most are still optimizing existing services and programs. This delivers clear benefits, such as cost savings and increased transparency, but government CIOs tend to confuse this type of digital progress with maturity.
The Gartner Roadmap for Transitioning to Digital Government shares major insights to the public sector leaders on how to avoid common pitfalls and lead smart, effective digital transformations to prepare for the future of government.
Government leaders continue to invest in digital projects to achieve mission goals. During the past two years, they have placed great emphasis on providing uninterrupted services during unusual disruptions, while enhancing the citizen experience and operational excellence.
This panel of Gartner experts, with IT leadership experience at the federal, state and local levels, explores the findings of the Gartner CIO and Technology Executive Agenda 2023 and how government CIOs and IT leaders can determine the right investments to drive digital transformation and improve cybersecurity and resilience in their organizations.