In response to the growing threat landscape and complexity of the interdependent and networked business of counties, the NACo County Tech Xchange is partnering with the Professional Development Academy and their community of CISOs, CIOS, risk managers and cyber leaders to launch cyberattack simulation training.
Enrollment is free for NACo member counties.
The NACo Cyberattack Simulation is a reality-based simulation that prepares county risk leaders for cyberattacks by assessing counties' current state of readiness and identifying gaps. This simulation will help attendees evaluate their incident response procedures and tools and guide them in developing a detailed cyberattack response strategy.
- Provide a certified test of incident management plans.
- Baseline current cybersecurity and risk management work capabilities.
- Strengthen the leadership skills of managers responsible for risk planning and incident resolution.
- Improve the quality of the incident management plans and playbook details.
- Develop immediate action plans to strengthen people, process, and technical security controls.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
The NACo Cyberattack Simulation is designed for cybersecurity managers, their teams and those responsible for risk defense, protection, and recovery, including HR, policy management, finance, public safety and emergency services.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
30-60 minutes per day for one week. Activities can be completed on the participants’ schedule and accessed online anywhere.
WHAT IS THE COST?
The NACo County Tech Xchange and partners are providing a scholarship of $795 per enrollee. The cost to NACo member counties is $0.