NACo officers and members
- President Mary Ann Borgeson spoke Sept. 23 at the Wisconsin Counties Association Annual Conference in Sauk County and Sept. 25 at the Montana Association of Counties Annual Conference in Cascade County.
- Tarrant County, Texas Commissioner Roy Charles Brooks, a NACo past president, participated in the NOBCO Board Meeting Sept. 12 in Washington, D.C.
- Sharon Ondeje has joined NACo as a justice program manager. She previously worked as technical assistant manager at JBS International, Inc., as a case management specialist at the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services and program manager at PRS, Inc. She earned a master’s degree in criminal justice from Tiffin University, a master’s degree in psychology from Northeastern University and a bachelor’s degree in psychology and sociology from Mount Holyoke College.
- Associate Legislative Director Blaire Bryant updated the New York State Association of Counties Sept. 17 in Sullivan County, on the work of the NACo-National Sheriffs’ Association Task Force.
- Associate Legislative Director Arthur Scott spoke Sept. 25 to the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors Annual Conference attendees, about NACo’s TestIT app in Hillsborough County.
- Program Director Nastassia Walsh spoke about the Stepping Up initiative Sept. 9 at the National Institute of Corrections Large Jail Network meeting in Franklin County, Ohio. She also presented the NACo and Appalachian Regional Commission report Aug. 21, on opioid abuse, at the Alabama Association of Counties Annual Conference in Baldwin County and Aug. 23 at the North Carolina Association of Counties Annual Conference in Guilford County.