The NACo County Tech Xchange is an online portal designed to connect county CIOs, IT Directors, CISOs, and other county IT leadership. This portal provides valuable resources in a central location which counties can use to improve their overall technology infrastructure.
What's in it for you and your county
- A rich community of interaction with other county IT professionals
- An online library of technology policies, job descriptions, request for proposals, best practices as well as toolkits
- Monthly IT newsletters
- Technology webinars presented by speakers from the federal, state, local and corporate communities
- Valuable external resources that county IT staff can leverage to improve their county IT infrastructure
- Surveys garnering county feedback on technology opportunities such as technology software and services aggregate agreements
For 2022, NACo will be implementing a new subscription model. Click here for more information.
This is the type of information that we have been missing.
- Mark Curtis, IT Director, Stevens County, Wash.
Great opportunity here to interconnect all of the Counties across the US to the resources we need access to!
- Phillip Walter, MS, Chief Information Officer, Adams County, Pa.
I really love the way the Tech Xchange is coming along. Good work!
- Christopher Nchopa-Ayafor, CIO, Tarrant County, Texas
NACo Tech Xchange Telework Toolkit
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has really placed remote work in the county HR and IT spotlight, necessitating the need even more for a guide on best practices and options in telework. Developed for counties and by counties, this toolkit contains sections on:
- Determining Policy
- Assessing Employee Readiness
- Monitoring the Employee
- Assessing the Remote Environment
- Providing Employee Guidance
- Defining the Process
Templates and other resources are provided to round out the toolkit. This is a guide that can be used across the county and in collaboration with human resources, the technology department and senior level directors of the county.
To gain access, a county must be a member of the NACo Tech Xchange. Please complete the Tech Xchange registration form, providing your county’s main IT contact. NACo staff will respond promptly and provide you with the Telework Toolkit. If you have any questions, contact Rita Reynolds, NACo CTO, at firstname.lastname@example.org