Protect your county with NACo and the MS-ISAC
NACo has partnered with the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) to promote increased cybersecurity protections for county governments.
The MS-ISAC is the US Department of Homeland Security’s key resource for cyber threat prevention, protection, response and recovery for state and local governments.
At no cost, counties can get involved in this cybersecurity program, which can provide:
- vulnerability management program,
- IP and domain monitoring,
- notifications of possible compromises,
- incident response resources,
- tools for simplifying security updates,
- secure portals for communication and document sharing,
- cyber intel advisories & alerts,
- malicious code analysis platform and
- self-assessments for cybersecurity management.
Cybersecurity for counties provides real-time monitoring and early threat detections through the MS-ISAC’s Security Operations Center and threat response with their Computer Emergency Response Team. They provide 24x7 support and offer a professional team to assist with cybersecurity incidents.
In addition to these resources, the MS-ISAC can provide additional cybersecurity services at cost. These services include:
- Network security monitoring & analysis
- Vulnerability assessment services
- Network and web application penetration testing
- Phishing assessments
To learn more about how to increase cybersecurity protections with NACo and MS-ISAC, and to enroll your county in the cybersecurity program, visit https://learn.cisecurity.org/ms-isac-registration.