NACo Officers, County Officials
- President Roy Charles Brooks addressed the General Assembly at the Mississippi Association of Supervisors Annual Conference in Biloxi, June 13.
- Gila County, Ariz. Supervisor Tommie Martin, Western Interstate Region president, and Jonathan Shuffield, associate legislative director, represented NACo at the Western Governors Association’s Annual Meeting in Rapid City, S.D., June 25-27. They met with WGA staff to continue a conversation about including county governments and county government-produced data in the federal consultation process with local and state governments.
- Arthur Scott, associate legislative director, spoke on the importance of data-driven decisions for county governments during the 2018 National Science Foundation/Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Data Sciences Conference, June 5.
- Jacob Terrell, associate legislative director, briefed Mississippi state association members on the 2017 Omnibus funding bill during the association’s annual conference, June 13.
- Jenna Moran, program manager for resilience, participated on a panel titled “Art-Based Economic Development in Coal-Reliant Counties” at the Creative Placemaking Leadership Conference, held June 21 and June 22, in Charleston W.Va.