- NACo First Vice President Gary Moore, judge/executive, Boone County, Ky. is planning to attend the Association of Arkansas Counties (AAC) conference being held Aug. 21-24 in Garland County.
- Blaire Bryant presented NACo’s work on opioid addiction with the Appalachian Regional Commission at the Maryland Association of Counties Summer Conference Aug. 14-17 in Worcester County.
- Lindsey Holman, associate legislative director, is planning to attend the Association of Arkansas Counties (AAC) conference being held Aug. 21-24.
- NACo awarded several accolades to staff members for their work during the Annual Conference in Clark County, Nev. Staff voted Erin Knight, manager of conferences and affiliate services as MVP, Frank Cadle, junior graphic designer for providing the best customer service and Health Associate Josef Burkart for best reflexes in responding to requests for assistance. Legislative Assistant Zach George and Justice Associate Jessica Perez were voted best dressed.
- George recorded the most steps on Friday — 30,081. General Services Manager Kevin Carr recorded 27,000 steps on Saturday, Legislative Intern Jackie Wheeler recorded 27,000 steps on Sunday, Chief Technology Officer Rita Reynolds recorded 29,191 steps on Monday and Carr was the overall leader for the conference with 97,500 steps.