- The immediate past president is the most recent past president who is still an elected county official of an active member county.
- No more than one officer
canshall be from a NACo Region.
- The NACo Region from which the Immediate Past President is from shall nominate candidates for the office of Second Vice President within twelve months of the next annual business meeting.
- Officers shall be elected by the member counties at the annual business meeting each year.
- They shall be responsible for the property, funds and business affairs of the association in the absence of the board of directors.
- They shall have and exercise all powers and authority granted by the board of directors.
- The officers shall make a report to the board of directors at each meeting of the board with respect to the general state of the association, significant changes in the financial condition of the association, and actions taken in the interim period between board meetings.