Learn how counties and our public sector partners are saving more than $150 million each year!
NACo has been a proud national sponsor of the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance for more than 15 years. U.S. Communities has been a pioneer in the national cooperative purchasing movement since the mid-1990s, which has resulted in millions of dollars in cost and time savings for counties, cities, towns and taxpayers.
In 2018, the company that administers the U.S. Communities program – Communities Program Management (CPM) – was purchased by OMNIA Partners. Additionally, the cooperative purchasing landscape has changed dramatically with the formation and consolidation of cooperatives at all levels of government and across industry sectors. This dynamic environment can impede U.S. Communities’ ability to trailblaze the cooperative purchasing movement.
The change in management, along with the other rapid changes in the public procurement marketplace, led to a joint decision by NACo, the U.S. Communities Foundation and our other national sponsor partners to sell and transfer ownership of the U.S. Communities brand and program to OMNIA Partners.
There remains a pressing need for our members to have access to a broad range of competitively solicited contracts with best-in-class suppliers. Transferring ownership to OMNIA Partners to integrate operations of the National IPA and U.S. Communities cooperatives will position them to better serve the current members and the public sector marketplace. We will continue to support U.S. Communities and cooperative purchasing as a best practice for our members.
The program offers:
- No User Fees – No costs or fees to participate.
- Best Overall Supplier Government Pricing – By combining the potential cooperative purchasing power of more than 90,000 public agencies, you are able to access the best overall supplier government pricing.
- Quality Brands – Thousands of the best brands in a wide variety of categories, services and solutions.
- Integrity and Experience – U.S. Communities national government purchasing cooperative was founded by four national sponsors and over 90 state, city and regional organizations.
- Oversight by Public Purchasing Professionals – Our third party audits on contracts ensure that program pricing commitments are met, with benchmark analyses against other suppliers and retailers to guarantee participants the best overall value.
All contracts have been competitively solicited, evaluated and awarded by an impartial lead public agency in accordance with their public purchasing rules and regulations. Applying these competitive principles satisfies the competitive bid requirements of most state and local government agencies.
For general information, visit www.uscommunities.org.
Or, use the quick links below to jump to pages on:
- Shop Now through the online Marketplace
- Contract Categories and Suppliers
- News & Events