With billions of dollars in federal funding being apportioned each year based on decennial census results, an accurate, complete count is crucial to county governments and all residents. Below, find resources for the lead-up to the census rollout, organizing comprehensive outreach and customizing effective local strategies to ensure an accurate count.
Census 2020 Working Group
NACo has formed a working group to support local efforts to ensure that the 2020 Census reflects each county’s full population. The bipartisan working group, comprised of NACo members representing rural, suburban and urban areas, will highlight the importance of county leadership on census outreach. It will also strategically advise NACo and counties nationwide on effective approaches to ensuring that every resident is counted.
- Hon. Jason Brinkley, judge, Cooke County, Texas
- Hon. Stanley Moore, commissioner, Cook County, Ill.
- Hon. Lena Fowler, supervisor, Coconino County, Ariz.
- Hon. George Murdock, commissioner, Umatilla County, Ore.
- Hon. Ilene Shapiro, executive, Summit County, Ohio
- Hon. John Wilson, assessor, King County, Wash.