In 2016, over ONE THIRD of all households were overburdened by housing costs. This phenomenon does not exist solely in large counties; rather, medium-sized and small counties in every region of the country are also struggling with unaffordable housing costs. Fortunately, each county is uniquely equipped with its own set of tools to help residents find housing they can afford. Check out NACo’s Affordable Housing Toolkit for Counties for some examples of county strategies.
- Building Homes: County Funding for Affordable Housing
- Access to Housing: Supporting County Workers Through Affordable Homes
- Planning Ahead: County Planning, Land Use and Zoning Strategies for Affordable Housing
- Housing Connections: Promoting Affordability Through Community Engagement
- County News Hot Topics: Opening the Door to Affordable Housing