This session discusses imminent pre-hazard mitigation rule changes following the passage of the Disaster Recovery Relief Act, including funding eligibility and potential codes and standards requirements. In this workshop, FEMA will outline the questions county officials should ask their staff and give tips on applying for grants under the new FEMA guidelines. The workshop will also highlight successful county-led hazard mitigation projects and exemplary local policy examples.
- SHANNON BURKE, Hazards Planning Center Manager, American Planning Association
- DALE CASE, AICP, Land Use Department Director, Boulder County, Colo.
- KATHERINE FOX, Associate Administrator for Mitigation, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- TIM TRAUTMAN, PE, CFM, Flood Mitigation Program Manager, Mecklenburg County, N.C.
Resources mentioned during the session:
- American Planning Associaition (APA) Hazard Planning Center
- APA Hazard Mitigation and Disaster Recovery Resource
- Hazard Mitigation: Integrating Best Practices into Planning
- Planning for Post-Disaster Recovery: Next Generation