NACo hosts several educational programs throughout the year for which we encourage our members and partners to contribute content. We are always seeking new ideas, solutions and innovations to leverage opportunities and overcome challenges that confront county leaders. For each event, our goal is to create a balanced program that consistently meets the needs of our membership. In order to provide the best content for our members, we are accepting ongoing proposals that we will evaluate on a rolling basis.
Target Audience for NACo Educational Events
The primary target audience for educational content is county officials and staff.
In person educational events include:
- NACo Annual Conference (July)
- NACo Legislative Conference (Feb/Mar)
- Western Interstate Region (May)
- Large Urban County Caucus Meeting (Nov), and
- Rural Action Caucus Meeting (Dec).
Online educational opportunities include:
- Live Streaming, and
Content Submission Process
NACo welcomes submissions especially from counties, state associations of counties, NACo affiliates, and private and non-profit partners.
The Call for Proposal Form (CFP) will be used on a rolling basis for any of NACo’s educational programs. As a speaker, you have the opportunity to submit multiple topic ideas for multiple events. Once you fill out the form, you will be automatically notified that NACo has received your proposal. You are able to submit as many proposals as you wish. If your topic idea has been selected or is in review, NACo staff will reach out to you regarding next steps. Please note, you may not hear from us immediately.
Review and Selection Process
Once NACo receives your proposal, it will be stored in a submission database. Depending on the time of year, the review and selection process will vary. In order to receive the optimum consideration for your proposal, we recommend the following:
- Ensure that each proposal is complete, accurate and clear.
- Ensure that the content is current with the issues and topics that affect county leaders.
- Ensure that the content provides innovative ideas and solutions.
- Provide clear and specific content that is linked to at least three learning objectives that show real-world applications.
- For panels or multi-speaker sessions, please ensure that you provide a balanced perspective to include diverse viewpoints, backgrounds, organizations and partners.
Submissions will be kept on file for a year. NACo may choose to utilize your topic as presented, or, in a modified manner at any of our in-person or online educational events.
NACo uses workshops and pre-conferences at yearly educational events as a platform for research, innovation and to share best practices. Each event has its own criteria for speaker remuneration, and if selected, you will receive more information regarding speaker remuneration criteria. Nonetheless, we value our members and partner’s contribution to the field of county leadership.
NACo staff will periodically convene once per quarter to review submitted ideas. You will be notified on the status of your our decision within three months of submitting your idea.
How to submit your proposal.
- Click on the proposal link
- Register your information
- Submit content information and save
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Am I able to submit more than one proposal?
- Yes, you can submit as many proposals as you wish, but please do not submit duplicate proposals.
2. Am I able to edit my proposal?
- Yes, when you sign in, you will have the option to edit your proposal before hitting the submit button.
3. I am working with NACo staff on a session for a specific educational event, do I need to submit a proposal?
- No, please contact the staff person that you are working with for more information.
4. When will I be notified regarding a decision?
- NACo staff will review submitted sessions quarterly. You will be notified about your submission within three months of submitting content.