Office of Supervisor Janice Hahn
County of Los Angeles, Fourth Supervisorial District
The Transportation Deputy will be charged with implementing and overseeing the transportation portfolio comprised of cross-jurisdictional policies, projects, programs and initiatives in the Fourth Supervisorial District of Los Angeles County. This position works directly with the elected county Supervisor, represents the Supervisor at meetings with other elected and appointed officials, and interacts regularly with both internal and external stakeholders in the field of transportation. The position is largely focused on policy and budgetary affairs for local transit matters, e.g. bus, rail, etc., and keeps in tune with broader regional, state, and federal transportation trends.
Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university in Public Policy, Public Administration, Regional Planning, or a closely related field. [Please note: An additional 2+ years of work experience can be used to substitute for degrees in any other field.] Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of transportation by either working at a local, state, or federal department or agency; or by working on the staff of an elected official at any level of government with a focus on transportation issues. Strong working knowledge of governmental structures and systems, including city, county, regional (Metro), state, and federal levels.
• Master’s degree, law degree, or other advanced degree with a correlation to the field of transportation.
• Experience working with any of the following governmental organizations and bodies: Metro, Department of Transportation (any level), Board of Supervisors, California state Legislature, and/or the U.S. Congress.
• Experience working directly as a staff member, directly or by committee appointment, for an elected official at the local, state, or federal level(s) of government.
• Knowledge about transportation issues local to Los Angeles, and in particular those impacting and involving Metro.
• Experience with legislative processes at the state and/or federal levels of government.
• Experience with budget and finance at the city, county, regional, state, or federal level(s) of government.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should immediately submit a compelling cover letter and resume. Cover letter should highlight relevant experience as noted in both the minimum and desirable qualifications sections of this posting. Please email as a single pdf file to: email@example.com.
Confidential inquiries are welcome to either: Gerardo Pinedo, Chief of Staff, (213) 974-1045; or Mark Baucum, Chief Strategist, (213) 974-4444. Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.