The National Association of Counties (NACo) is seeking a Technology Programs Associate. The Technology Programs Associate is responsible for assisting the CIO with administration of the NACo external technology programs, which includes oversight and maintenance of IT membership, as well as other partner engagements.
Position Responsibilities and Activities
- Maintain the Tech Xchange, IT Standing, GIS Subcommittee membership using NACo365 on the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Work with the Tech Xchange Network Program Manager to Implement campaigns to grow the Tech Xchange, IT Standing, GIS Subcommittee membership.
- Maintain the discussion group platform, including updates to, resources, and membership, as well as the creation of new subcommunities.
- Draft technology program communications such as newsletters, memos and distribution emails to county members and other potential stakeholders
- Assist in the maintenance of a NACo Technology Resource Portal and maintain membership access, use, and outreach.
- Conduct Technology Surveys and analyze results for use in determining county needs.
- Assist in all aspects of technology event planning including but not limited to CIO Forum, webinars and focus groups.
- Provide content support for technology events including webinars, focus groups and the CIO Forum.
- Monitor Tech Corporate Partner deliverables including scheduling of webinars.
- Assist with the creation of written marketing materials for the NACo technology programs and outreach.
- Assist in prioritization of the NACo Technology Blueprint deliverables, metrics, and annual priorities.
- Maintain administrative, performance and financial tracking of Technology programs.
- Collect, analyze, and compile data with relevant metrics for use in regular and ad-hoc reporting on the status of the NACo Technology Blueprint deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Technology, Business, or related degree
- Minimum two years of experience in IT business/industry
- Demonstrated experience in diverse roles with increased responsibilities across major projects and programs is desirable.
- Experience with marketing graphic design and tools desirable
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work across business lines at senior levels
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a responsible manner
- Self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated administrative support skills
- Comfortable making numerous daily phone calls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills used to explain concepts and technologies to business leaders
- Ability to employ social media campaigns for marketing promotions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with database management
- Ability to take on responsibilities, innovate solutions, and manage conflicting priorities with minimal guidance
- Ability to prioritize and provide accurate follow up on all issues and correspondence
- SharePoint administration is a plus
Remote Work: Approved for remote work as is appropriate
Travel: Occasional travel is required for attendance at NACo events a few times throughout the year
Persons interested in this position should submit a CV and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.