The National Association of Counties (NACo) is seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Relations who, under the direction of the Director of Strategic Relations, will lead NACo’s Corporate Premier Program, including identifying and contacting prospective partners and executing the marketing activities of our partners and sponsors. This role is ideal for an extroverted and detail-oriented candidate looking to enhance relationships between the public and private sectors, gain valuable marketing and relationship experience, and develop teamwork and leadership experience within the association. The Senior Manager will be tasked with assisting counties in understanding and navigating private-sector solutions as the American Rescue Plan Act and other federal stimulus packages are implemented.
This position reports to NACo’s Director of Strategic Relations and will directly manage NACo’s Corporate Relations Assistant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day work of NACo’s Corporate Premier Program and other cross-organization sponsorships, including building cross-team relationships to ensure partner deliverables are met.
- Drive, manage and track partner and sponsor fulfilment across annual partnership agreements (includes deliverables related to conferences and meetings, marketing, and programmatic/content development). This includes engagements across five to seven meetings NACo holds annually, requiring travel to various parts of the United States.
- Initiate annual renewals of existing partners, including writing contracts and negotiating available deliverables.
- Support NACo’s Counties Futures Lab through sponsorship fundraising and thought leadership development, including recommending speakers, sessions, and more. This includes periodic updates for Lab staff on fundraising goals and totals raised to date.
- Lead the corporate partner onboarding process through activities, such as setting up company profile pages, collecting logos, scheduling meetings with program managers, and more.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for the Corporate Premier Program, such as corporate decks and web pages.
- Lead production of a monthly corporate partner newsletter.
- Assist the Director of Strategic Relations with new partner targeting and acquisition, including identifying companies with solutions relevant to counties.
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategic Relations in the development of additional partner benefit products and on an evaluation process to ensure current and prospective partners receive the highest quality service and have an optimal partnership with NACo.
- Plan, in partnership with the Director of Strategic Relations, a small, annual offsite event for partners and members (attendance approx. 100) – includes all activities, meals, venue logistics, content, attendee communications, etc.
- Support the department with financial tasks: creating and sending invoices to current and new partners and sponsors, follow-up on overdue payments, and reconciling financial reports internally.
- Additional duties as the corporate program continues to grow and evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Marketing, Business, or related field preferred.
- At least one of the following experiences preferred: sponsorship program development, work experience within local government, and/or public sector-facing engagement within a private sector company
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with CRM tools, such as D365, is a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial demeanor with external partners and staff across entire organization
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with elected officials and corporate executives at all levels
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
Working at NACo
Employees of NACo enjoy a challenging environment and a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidy; flexible work schedules; and a productive, positive and fun work environment.
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Senior Manager of Corporate Relations.”