The National Association of Counties (NACo) is seeking for a Public Affairs Coordinator. Under the direction of the Chief Public Affairs Officer, the successful candidate will provide a combination of professional and administrative assistance to the Public Affairs Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative assistance to the Chief Public Affairs Officer and other members of the department as needed
- Organize logistics for the Chief Public Affairs Officer, including travel and lodging itineraries
- Facilitate operations and marketing for NACo’s Live Healthy prescription, health and dental discount program
- Assist in maintaining the association’s membership database
- Draft, proofread and edit various internal and external communications, including email, publications, marketing materials and presentations
- Draft correspondence, and monitor and respond to requests for information
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree required. Prefer degree in liberal arts field or public administration.
1-2 years of relevant work experience preferred. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Must possess the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work well in a non-partisan, political environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Experience in a PC-based Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite environment (word processing, spreadsheets, video teleconferencing, presentations, and email)
- Experience with website content management, Adobe products and D365 a plus
Working at NACo
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; transportation subsidy, tuition reimbursement; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, credit union membership; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Those interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.