The National Association of Counties (NACo), representing America’s 3,069 county governments with 40,000 elected officials, 3.6 million county employees and more than $660 billion in annual community-based investments, seeks a Microsoft Platform Administrator. The Microsoft Power Platform Administrator (MPPA) reports to the Chief Information Technology (CTO). The MPPA is responsible for managing and customizing the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) platform to meet the organization's needs. The MPPA will develop and maintain complex Power Automate flows, Power BI dashboards, and Power Apps to automate processes and integrate with D365.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Manage and maintain the Microsoft Power Platform environment, including D365, Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps
- Customize and develop Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and D365 applications to meet business requirements
- Develop complex Power Automate flows to update and integrate D365 with other applications
- Consult with staff and create dashboards and other data visualization using Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI and other ad hoc reporting tools
- Provide D365 training and support to end-users, and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for D365 and the Power Platform environment
- Implement automated workflows, business processes, and complex business logic using Power Automate, Power Apps, and Power BI
- Collaborate with the D365 specialist and other IT staff to ensure seamless integration and functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to D365 and the Power Platform
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform, including Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI
- Understanding of data modeling and management in D365
- Experience with complex Power Automate flows to update and integrate D365 with other systems
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing, analytical and data visualization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) and the Power Platform
- Proficiency in Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Apps
- Understanding of data integration and data management concepts
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with agile project management methodologies
- Certification in D365 and the Power Platform is a plus
- Hybrid work schedule is available, with a requirement of three days in the office to collaborate
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Work at NACo:
Our vision is healthy, safe, and vibrant counties across America. Counties play an integral part of the intergovernmental responsibilities among federal, state, local and tribal government officials. We are guided by the belief that stronger counties result in a stronger America.
NACo is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Teammates of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits, including comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; generous paid leave and federal holidays; transportation subsidy; tuition assistance; 401(k) match, pension plans, group life insurance, pet insurance, credit union membership, and short/long term disability coverage including applicable parental leave and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
We are passionate about advancing excellence in public service to help people and places thrive across America. We embrace and respect our diversity of experience, heritage, and thought and strive to cultivate an equitable workplace. As outlined in our Values and NACo Norms, we pursue our mission through a ONE NACo mindset of genuine care, empathy, and respect for each other, our partners, and our members. Join us as we advance excellence in public service to help our local communities thrive