The National Association of Counties (NACo) has an opening for a Membership Associate. The Membership Associate plays an integral role on the membership team to ensure positive, timely and seamless member and constituent experiences. This position requires a collaborative professional who is member-focused, tech savvy, highly organized and can work with relative autonomy. The Membership Associate is part of the Membership Team and the Public Affairs Department and reports to the Director of Membership.
Position Responsibilities and Activities
- Provides essential administrative and analytical support for membership, state association and member prospect interactions, projects and campaigns;
- Interfaces with members to respond to membership questions;
- Oversees membership dues renewal process in conjunction with Finance and IT teams
- Supports NACo programs such as the voting credentials and other NACo initiatives;
- Manages state association conference travel calendar, materials logistics including, but not limited to organizing, packing, shipping, unpacking and maintaining materials inventory;
- Coordinates outreach efforts of committee members/board to new, delinquent, prospective members, engagement outreach (committees, conference attendance, conference follow up, etc.);
- Supports Membership Committee including sending out meeting reminders, creating monthly dashboards and taking minutes;
- Works collaboratively with the IT department and Membership Outreach Manager to support the membership roster process and maintain data integrity, including one-off contact updates;
- Writes, edits and prepares member correspondence including email, e-blasts and print outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Aptitude and interest in learning new technology solutions including but not limited to an association management system, Microsoft SharePoint and analytical tools;
- Is a quick study and confident interacting with members and writing correspondence;
- Takes pride in delivering excellent customer service and is sensitive and tactful in dealing with a variety of personalities;
- Organized, efficient and pays attention to detail;
- Demonstrates initiative, can manage multiple projects at the same time, understands how to prioritize, is a critical thinker and enjoys creating process efficiencies;
- Can manage multiple ongoing projects;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- In office 3-4 days a week
If you are creative, energetic and passionate, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NACo is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.