The National Association of Counties (NACo) announces an opening for a Membership Assistant. This position requires a collaborative professional who is customer service focused, tech savvy, highly organized, a critical thinker, communicates well and can work with relative autonomy while balancing multiple priorities. The Membership Assistant is part of the Membership Team and reports to the Associate Membership Director.
This position will be in-person located at the NACo office in Washington, D.C. A hybrid schedule will be available based on job performance and work projects.
Position Responsibilities and Activities
- Provides essential administrative and analytical support for membership projects and campaigns
- Interfaces with county elected officials and staff to respond to membership questions
- Supports the membership dues renewal process in conjunction with Finance and IT teams
- Supports NACo programs, such as voting credentials and other NACo initiatives
- Manages state association conference travel calendar and logistics including, but not limited to, organizing, packing, shipping, unpacking and maintaining materials inventory
- Coordinates outreach efforts of committee members/board to new, delinquent, prospective members, engagement outreach (committees, conference attendance, conference follow up, etc.)
- Supports the Membership Committee, including sending out meeting reminders, creating monthly dashboards and taking minutes
- Works collaboratively with the IT department to support the membership roster process and maintain data integrity, including one-off contact updates
- Writes, edits and prepares member correspondence including email, e-blasts and print outreach
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Aptitude and interest in learning new technology solutions, including but not limited to an association management system, Microsoft SharePoint and analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to act professionally in person and via email with senior and executive level individuals and elected officials
- Takes pride in delivering excellent customer service and is sensitive and tactful in dealing with a variety of personalities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Organized, efficient and pays attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and enjoys creating process efficiencies
- Exhibit’s ability to balance multiple projects with critical analysis of priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
NACo is committed to providing excellent customer service and creating quality experiences for our stakeholders. If you are creative, energetic and passionate, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; generous paid leave and federal holidays, transportation subsidy, tuition assistance, group life insurance, 401(k) match, pension plans, pet insurance, credit union membership, short/long term disability coverage including applicable parental leave and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
NACo is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.