The National Association of Counties (NACo) is seeking a Leadership Networks Associate (LNA) who, under the direction of the Director of Strategic Relations, will develop the association’s leadership training programs, coordinate NACo’s digital content and provide administrative support to the department and organization.
This role is ideal for a detail-oriented candidate who can seamlessly work across teams to achieve shared goals. The LNA position will offer a candidate the opportunity to work directly with county officials and senior leadership coaches from across the county, while also honing skills in organizational association management.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Develop, maintain, and implement the association’s leadership training programs. This includes the following programs:
- Managing logistics and organizational support for the County Leadership Institute (CLI), which brings together an annual class of 20-25 county leaders for a week of leadership training in Washington, D.C.
- Promoting and managing NACo’s role in the High-Performance Leadership Academy, in partnership with the Professional Development Academy
- Developing unique, engaging and relevant leadership tracks for each of NACo’s major conferences
- Research potential contributors to NACo’s leadership networks
- Manage finances associated with the CLI program to ensure a first-class event while adhering to the budget
- Additional duties as the leadership development track grows and evolves
- Serve as coordinator and facilitator for NACo’s slate of webinars, national calls and other digital forums. This includes:
- Working with the Director of Strategic Relations, Director of Government Affairs, and Director of Programs to coordinate content.
- Serving as technical facilitator for webinar deployment, including creating events in NACo’s database, adding events to NACo’s website, assisting with technical and registration questions from attendees, and posting recordings online
- Identifying potential timing or content conflicts or overlap, and working with necessary stakeholders to re-schedule or re-plan events
- Manage the organization calendar, in partnership with other NACo staff across teams.
- Handle department wide logistics and administrative needs under the direction of the Director of Strategic Relations and the Chief Public Affairs Officer.
- Organize department logistics around major NACo conferences and events, including printing and shipping of materials, signage organization, tracking department meeting room requests, and creating and managing cross-departmental tracking systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skill – must manage internal relationships across staff as well as relationships with external partners and county members
- Experience with Zoom, Teams and scheduling and hosting virtual meetings
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with elected officials, corporate executives and NACo staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Three to five years of work experience; experience working in an association or familiarity with associations is a plus
- Strong desire to work with public sector and local government leaders, including helping develop leadership skills to improve public service, is required
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills required
- Experience with CRM tools, such as D365, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Location preference is Washington, D.C., with flexible work from home schedule available at the discretion of the Director of Strategic Relations.
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume and cover with salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line “Leadership Networks Associate.”
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.