The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is responsible for carrying out general accounting duties efficiently and accurately, and for contributing to overall effectiveness of the accounting department at NACo. This position is primarily responsible for accountability of ongoing reconciliation of key accounts related to NACo’s Corp, a for-profit entity associated with a non-profit parent, and the newly created Insurance Company, a partnership with the Corp. The Accounting Manager is an essential member of the accounting team.
Essential duties of the position are:
- Ensures timely deposits of employee contributions and 401K match contributions after each bi-weekly payroll
- Create invoices for Corp and Insurance Agency revenue sources
- Makes corrective general entries identified in financial review and monthly reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assists in the monthly close process focusing on the activities of the Corp and Insurance Agency.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of key revenue streams.
- Calculate and prepare schedules for royalty payments based on various agreements.
- Ensures department managers receive monthly financial reports and projections have been updated.
- Timely payment of estimated tax payments for the NACo Corp and Insurance Agency including working with outside tax department on updated estimates
- Process and enter the travel expenses into the accounting system monthly to be included in the monthly close.
- Ensure travel expenses are in accordance with the travel policies and procedures.
- Manages the Corp credit cards to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Reconcile quarterly 401K & 457 contributions and update profit sharing and safe-harbor estimates
- Manages Corp accounting files, documents and records in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Assists in providing schedules for the annual audit
- Assists in the preparation of tax returns for the Corp and Insurance Agency
- Prepare annual statements for state associations of royalties made during the year and ensure accuracy of 1099s
- Complete annual retirement census data
- Calculate final profit sharing and safe harbor contributions
- Prepare schedules and work with the auditors on the annual 401K audit
- Make adjustment for annual forfeiture retirement balance
- Responsible for review and update of assigned section of the Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Recommend and implement changes in accounting and administrative methods or procedures and provide suggestions for improvements in the financial and accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with (10) years related work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) or candidate strongly preferred
- Thorough familiarity with Microsoft office applications, Intacct accounting software systems, and Adaptive Insights budgeting software.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently. Strong organizational skills
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; transportation subsidy, tuition reimbursement; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, credit union membership; short-term/long-term disability coverage; and pet insurance.
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.