King George County is seeking an experienced professional to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Five years of successful leadership at a senior local government executive/management level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of County government operations. Local government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy or assistant is preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practice of public administration, local government finance, local and regional planning and subdivision development, and the statutory authority and requirements of county government.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager is desirable.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the position is open until filled, an initial review of candidates will begin April 30, 2021.
Inquiries relating to the County Administrator position may be directed to: Kimball Payne The Berkley Group P.O. Box 181 Bridgewater, Virginia 22812 Email: email@example.com Mobile: (434) 444-3662