The National Association of Counties (NACo), a nonprofit in Washington, D.C., is seeking a communications Specialist position for our Public Affairs department. The Communications Specialist is responsible for the day-today implementation of NACo’s member outreach and communications efforts, including the development of email blasts, management of the association’s social media profiles and media relations support.
- Manage of NACo’s email communications strategy, cadence, production, and editorial guidelines
- Maintain day-to-day operations of NACo’s social media profiles, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Research, identify and develop strategies for any potential new social media profiles and tactics
- Assist in drafting press releases, statements and other media relations correspondence
- Assist in the maintenance of NACo’s media contacts database and tracking of NACo media mentions
- Coordinate with IT and the membership team to support communications related to member onboarding, invoicing, voting credentials and other key communications
- Manage NACo’s Achievement Awards program, including launch, social media, member communications, logistics and awards ceremony
- Lead NACo’s National County Government Month (NCGM) efforts, including social media promotion and member communications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two to three years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- This position is based in Washington, D.C. and required to be in office 3 days a week
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work well in a nonpartisan, political environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Experience with website development and content management; Adobe products, HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience managing and monitoring social media platforms
- Experience producing email newsletters and marketing materials
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; transportation subsidy, tuition reimbursement; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, credit union membership; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
NACo and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.