Wake County invites candidates to apply for a newly created Human Resources Business Officer.
Through strategic partnership with County leadership, the Human Resources Department provides collaborative, innovative human resource programs and services that are customer-driven and results-oriented. With 38 full-time employees and an annual operating and benefits budget of $52 million, the Human Resources Department manages a variety of services, including: Benefits Administration; Employee Wellness; Talent Acquisition and Compensation; Employee Relations and Staff Development; Human Resource Information Systems; and Payroll This position will plan and oversee the contracts, budgeting and financial operations for the Human Resources Department and Health Insurance Benefits and Wellness budgets.
Duties include: contract development and monitoring while ensuring compliance with regulations and provisions; request-for-proposal development and management; vendor management; accounts payable encumbrance management; expenditure and revenue monitoring; data analysis, forecasting and metric management; project planning and management; budget validation and administration; and assisting with business plan development. Additionally, the HR Business Officer will provide short and long-term budget forecasts and budget planning. This position is also responsible for ensuring that staff have the infrastructure and resources (space, equipment, supplies, etc.) necessary to optimally perform their jobs within the available budget and County guidelines. The position works with the HR Director in the development and analysis of metrics to measure productivity of department operations while managing the fiscal and business functions of the department.
- Monitors expenditures and revenue budgets while ensuring expenditures do not exceed budget authority
- Provides planning, development, coordination, and oversight of departmental contracts while ensuring compliance with County policies
- Partners with the County’s Benefit Consultant to forecast and budget health insurance on a plan year and fiscal year basis and develop employer and employee contribution rates
- Monitors vendor performance and provides oversight of contract budgets while ensuring services meet contract requirements
- Conducts high-level, complex analysis and program evaluation using statistics, data management, benchmarking, survey development and focus groups. Researches best practices of other comparable jurisdictions to establish performance benchmarks related to Human Resource operations.
- Creates and implements comprehensive project plans ensuring that project deliverables are achieved on time and in line with budgetary guidelines
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of the annual department budget, benefits and wellness budget, and departmental business plan
To apply, please visit https://ewaketalent.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/1420?c=ewaketalent.
Application review begins Dec 2, 2020.