The National Association of Counties (NACo), representing America’s 3,069 county governments with 40,000 elected officials, 3.6 million county employees and more than $660 billion in annual community-based investments, seeks a Budget and Grants Analyst.
The Budget and Grants Analyst works directly with the Budget and Grants Manager to maintain and optimize grantmaking data systems, processes and procedures, legal compliance and overall quality control. This person will also work closely with a team of program managers and the Controller to support NACo’s strategic priorities.
Position Responsibilities and Activities
- Collaborate with budget managers across NACo for Budgets/Forecast and Actuals during monthly financial reviews
- Collaborate with Budget and Grants Manager to assess, maintain, develop, and execute NACo’s strategic grantmaking process to meet and support the needs of multiple teams within the organization
- Track and process grant payments
- Track interim and final grant report due dates
- Work with the Accounting Manager to reconcile records between the grants management and accounting systems
- Provide technical support to internal staff on grant-related matters
- Trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues, as needed
- Assist with process and systems training and onboarding for staff
- Create monthly/quarterly/annual invoices and financial reports for federal and foundational grants
- Assist with audits as needed, including gathering documentation and responding to auditor inquiries
- Collaborate with the Budget and Grants Manager and cross-functional teams on maintenance and development of grants system infrastructure, and its connectivity with NACo’s other databases and systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-3 years of experience that demonstrates strong operational, CRM database management, process improvement, and project management skills
- Strong analytic and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to master accounting software and adapt to technology changes
- Ability to work in a multi-issue, fast-paced environment, with the constancy of shifting and competing priorities and deadlines; flexibility while maintaining workflow is critical
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Preferred experience with A133 audit compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow for effective relationships in a diverse environment
- Responsive and supportive customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment to ensure projects are completed
- Hybrid Work Schedule: with a requirement of two days in the office to collaborate
- Travel: Occasional travel required for attendance at NACo conferences a few times throughout the year
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Why Work at NACo
Our vision is healthy, safe, and vibrant counties across America. Counties play an integral part of the intergovernmental responsibilities among federal, state, local and tribal government officials. We are guided by the belief that stronger counties result in a stronger America.
NACo is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Teammates of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits, including comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; generous paid leave and federal holidays; transportation subsidy; tuition assistance; 401(k) match, pension plans, group life insurance, pet insurance, credit union membership, and short/long term disability coverage including applicable parental leave and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We are passionate about advancing excellence in public service to help people and places thrive across America. We embrace and respect our diversity of experience, heritage, and thought and strive to cultivate an equitable workplace. As outlined in our Values and NACo Norms, we pursue our mission through a ONE NACo mindset of genuine care, empathy, and respect for each other, our partners, and our members.
Join us as we advance excellence in public service to help our local communities thrive.