Stutsman County is accepting applications for the position of County Auditor/Chief Operating Officer (COO). Stutsman County is a Home Rule Charter County under North Dakota law. The Auditor/COO reports to a five member Board and is responsible for a $21 million budget with approximately 135 full-time employees and 25 part-time employees. The County Auditor/Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing and directing the County’s leadership through County Department Heads and serves as the communication and business operation liaison between the Board and the County’s elected officials. The Auditor/COO manages and directs the allocation of County resources to accomplish County objectives and perform the statutory duties of the County Auditor. This position supervises the following Department Heads: Chief Deputy Auditor, Treasurer/Recorder, Information Technology Director, Tax Director, Human Resource Director, Maintenance Supervisor, Emergency/9-1-1 Coordinator, and Veteran’s Service Officer.
Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
▪ A bachelor’s degree plus three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience at time of hire.
▪ Experience in increasingly responsible municipal or county executive level experience. Assistant administrator experience in a similarly situated community will also be considered.
▪ Prior County management, as well as local government experience is highly desirable.
▪ Knowledge of principles and practices of county finance, generally accepted accounting principles, intermediate and long-term financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting practices.
▪ Proven managerial and interpersonal skills along with the demonstrated ability to work in collaborative relationships with elected officials and Board members.
▪ Experience working with County Corrections, Social Service, and Road operations including federal and state funding sources.
▪ Experience administering elections and working knowledge of federal, state, and local election laws.
▪ Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
▪ Must be able to pass a criminal background check and credit check.
A complete job description and application requirements are available at http://www.co.stutsman.nd.us or by calling the Auditor’s Office at 701-252-9035.
Only applications submitted on official forms will be accepted. Stutsman County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.