The National Association of Counties (NACo) has an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist. Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the financial, administrative, and clerical support of a company.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reviewing invoices by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and importing them into payment systems
- Paying vendors by verifying backup/coding/approval and budgets. Ensuring appropriate adjustment are done outstanding credit/deposits processed.
- Entering, posting and reconciling batches.
- Review and process all credit card payments using the expense management system
- Preparing and processing year end 1099 reports.
- Researching and resolving accounts payable issues with vendors and employees.
- Updating and reconciling sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Assisting in annual audits
- Maintaining historical records
- Preparing analyses of accounts payable and producing weekly/monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General ledger entry and maintenance.
- Data entry
- Knowledge of trade credit terms.
- Awareness of cash conversion cycle.
- Advanced Excel ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with (2) years related work experience.
- Understanding accounting principles as it relates to invoicing, 1099 processing and accrual accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at NACo
Our vision is having healthy, safe and vibrant counties across America. Counties play an integral part of the intergovernmental responsibilities. We are guided by the belief that stronger counties result in a stronger America. Join us as we advance excellence in public service to help people and places thrive.
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; generous paid leave and federal holidays; transportation subsidy, tuition assistance; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans, pet insurance, credit union membership; and short-term/long-term disability coverage including applicable parental leave.
NACo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.