The Franklin County Development Council is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Executive Director. The Franklin County Development Council is a public-private, partially membership based non-profit organization serving as the primary economic development organization for Franklin County, Kansas. Franklin County is a growing semi-rural county of approximately 26,000 people located on the Southwestern edge of the Kansas City metro region. The region is the home to a variety of economic development drivers including direct access to Interstate 35 and the NAFTA trade corridor, an established large industrial and commercial base including large-scale warehouse and distribution and manufacturing businesses, close proximity to BNSF’s newest rail-to-truck intermodal facility in Edgerton, Kansas and access (within an hour) to the Kansas City International Airport and other Kansas City transportation corridors. Franklin County is also home to Proximity Park, a 320 acre business/industrial park located immediately adjacent to Interstate 35 on the south side of Ottawa, Kansas. Proximity Park is a publicly owned property supported by a half-cent sales tax passed in 2015 to support utility build-out for the site.
An ideal candidate for this position would have at least 5 years economic development experience and management experience with the organizations they have served. Candidate should also have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business related field, from an accredited university. Candidates with formal economic development training (OU EDI/IEDC) are preferred. Candidate should also possess the following skillsets:
• Ability to manage complex public and private relationships including relationships with valued local, state and regional economic development organizations
• Proven experience managing large scale economic development projects including all facets of business location and business expansion projects
• Experience providing business retention and expansion services at the local level
• Experience providing staff management for economic development boards
• Budgeting and non-profit management expertise
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience providing economic development leadership to elected bodies and public officials
• Willingness to serve as a team member in community based economic development projects An ideal candidate would also have experience in public industrial land development and public-private land development projects.
To apply for this position, send cover letter with salary history, resume, and three professional references to Economic Development Director Recruitment, Attn: Human Resources, 1428 S. Main St, Suite 2 Ottawa, Kansas 66067 or via e-mail at email@example.com. For additional information on Franklin County and the Franklin County Development Council please visit the Franklin County Development Council website at www.ThinkFranklinCo.org.