The Industrial Development Authority of Halifax County, Virginia (Halifax IDA) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Executive Director, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing operations, programs and projects of the Halifax IDA.
Qualifications, Education & Experience The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration, Planning or a related field; experience equivalent to a master’s degree may be considered.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive level in an economic development organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of IDA operations. Experience in Virginia as an economic development director, deputy, assistant, or senior project manager is desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and the Virginia Economic Developers Association (VEDA); designation or progress toward designation as Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) is desirable.
• A record of being an active member of the community, through participation in local service organizations and volunteer activities.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary history and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin May 20, 2019. Inquiries relating to the Executive Director position may be directed to: Kimball Payne The Berkley Group P.O. Box 181 Bridgewater, Virginia 22812 Email: email@example.com Mobile: (434) 444-3662