Counties are working across jurisdictional boundaries with state and federal partners to reduce wildfire risk on public lands, around communities and within the wildland-urban interface. This session will feature local, state and federal representatives who will share their experiences, lessons learned and successful approaches that can be expanded across the West to create safer, more secure and fire adapted communities.
- Bill Crapser, State Forester, Wyoming State Division of Forestry
- Hon. Jim Matson, Commissioner, Kane County, Utah
- Hon. Mark Peck, Commissioner, Lincoln County, Mont.
- Sue Stewart, Director of Fire and Aviation Management, U.S. Forest Service, Region 4
- Chief Willy Watsabaugh, Fire Chief, Teton County Fire/EMS
- Moderator: Hon. Tammy Baney, Commissioner, Deschutes County, Ore.