This special session is open to all conference attendees and is convened by the NACo International Economic Development Task Force.
In an increasingly globalized world, foreign direct investment and exports are a major part of the U.S. economy. Counties play an essential role in creating the business-friendly environment for these activities. In this meeting, representatives of six industry groups from three different countries – Brazil, Germany and India – will talk with county officials about the investment interests of foreign businesses in the United States, what export opportunities exist and what counties can do to foster the international side of their economy. The meeting is structured in 15 minute sessions that allow county officials to network directly and in small groups with the industry representatives, foster connections and learn how they can encourage economic growth through international investment.
- Sumani Dash, Director and Country Head, USA and Canada, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Minister Ricardo Daskal Hirschbruch, Minister of Trade and Investment, Brazilian Embassy
- Dr. Ajay Kumar, Counsellor, Commerce Department, Indian Embassy
- Antonio Josino Meirelles, Director, Brazil Industries Coalition (BIC)
- Dr. Christoph Schemionek, Director of Regional Economic Policy, Representative of German Industry and Trade (RGIT)
- Martin Wiekert, Director, Germany Trade and Invest (GTAI)