The three-part forum, hosted by Brookings Institute, will be to investigate how infrastructure policy can help address broader societal challenges, especially economic inclusion. The agenda is as follows:
Panel 1: The Inclusion Challenge: Framing the major challenges we see in broader society against the built environment
- Tanvi Misra, Staff Writer, CityLab, Moderator
- Hon. Jim McDonough, Commissioner, Ramsey County, Minn.
- Ellory Monks, Co-Founder, The Atlas Marketplace
- Brooks Rainwater, Senior Executive and Director of the Center for City Solutions, National League of Cities
Panel 2: Building Inclusive Place: Innovations around physical access to opportunity, place-based design, and local businesses interest
- Mitch Herckis, Senior Director of Programs, Route Fifty, Moderator
- Mark Fisher, Chief Policy Officer, Indy Chamber
- Stephanie Gidigbi, SPARCC Policy, Capacity, and Systems Change Director & Senior Adviser, Urban Solutions, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Shauen V.T. Pearce, Director of Economic Development and Inclusion Policy, City of Minneapolis, Office of Mayor Jacob Frey
Panel 3: Technology for Public Good: Innovations around equitable use of technology, including data, broadband and transportation mobility
- Adie Tomer, Fellow, Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program, Moderator
- Shoshana Lew, Chief Operating Officer, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Tom Schenk, Chief Data Officer, City of Chicago
- Angela Siefer, Executive Director, National Digital Inclusion Alliance
Join us in building America’s future.
Learn about how counties across America – urban, suburban, rural and everything in between – are strengthening infrastructure every day.