In county government we never know when the next unexpected media storm will surface due to elements often out of our control such as natural disasters and crisis situations. Social media also brings a new layer to the mix. Come learn about effective strategies for helping manage media storms during a crisis. This workshop will include both a presentation providing participants with key takeaways and interactive mock interview examples to allow attendees the opportunity to practice strategies for handling media situations. Members from the National Association of County Information Officers (NACIO) will play the role of tough journalists and provide expertise to workshop attendees as part of the session.
- Ms. Lori Hudson, Hillsborough County, Fla.
- Ms. Jessica Beyer, Blue Earth County, Minn.
- Mr. Donnell Preskey Hushka, North Dakota Association of Counties
- Mr. Todd McGee, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners
- Mr. Dave Rose, El Paso County, Colo.