Boone County, Mo.
Family Access Center of Excellence (FACE) of Boone County provides a coordinated, transparent, and collaborative approach to improving access to quality mental health services for families with children (aged 0-19).
FACE achieves this by:
- Accepting referrals through an open door policy
- Using scientific family systems assessments to identify concerns
- Engaging families to develop action plans with measurable goals
- Provides families with choice to existing providers
- Provides case management with trained mental health professionals
- Monitors youth and family progress.
The goal is not to bring more youth into the juvenile justice system—but to reduce the number of youth via (a) early detection, (b) systemic prevention programming, (c) data-based decision making, (d) coordinated system of care service delivery, and (e) investments in the infrastructure and improvement of our community services. Since the grand opening on August 15, 2016, FACE has offered services to 417 Boone County families.
Director of Community Services Department