Crisis Communication Strategies for County Officials
This four-hour course dives deep into the art of managing a crisis through strategic communications. Learn how to recognize the challenges posed by traditional and social media, develop a crisis communications plan and understand what processes to follow when you experience a crisis in your county. Requires pre-registration, space is limited.
Documentary Screening and Discussion: “Heroin(e)”, Sponsored by Healthy Counties Initiative and Smart Justice
Counties across the country are struggling with the recent rise in opioid addiction and opioid-related overdoses and deaths in their communities. During this event, county officials will watch "Heroin(e)," an original Netflix short documentary that directly addresses this issue and shares some of the solutions communities are identifying to meet these challenges. Requires pre-registration, space is limited.
- Criminal Justice and Behavioral Health Part I: Using Screening and Assessment to Accurately Identify People in Your Jail with Behavioral Health Treatment Needs
- Criminal Justice and Behavioral Health Part II: Identifying and Treating the People with the Highest Needs in Your Justice System
- Criminal Justice and Behavioral Health Part III: Tracking Connections to Services and Outcomes for Individuals with the Highest Needs in Your Justice System
- The Opioid Crisis: Supporting County Medical Examiners’ and Coroners' Offices
- Engaging Artists, Building Community: A Meeting of the NACo Arts & Culture Commission
- Justice and Public Safety Policy Steering Committee meetings
- See all Justice and Public Safety programming!