DOL’s final rule on overtime pay amends regulations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that determine which employees are eligible for overtime pay, and nearly doubles the maximum salary for overtime eligibility from $23,660 to $47,476. NACo developed a new report, "Analysis of the Impact of the U.S. Department of Labor's Overtime Rule on Counties," to help county officials better understand and prepare for potential impacts their counties may face.
- Overtime Rule's Impact on County Governments
- Background on the FLSA
- Explanation of Key Components of the Overtime Rule
- Options for State and Local Government Compliance with the Overtime Rule
- Options for Employers to Implement the Updated Salary Level Requirements
- Potential Impact on Rural and Small Counties