In the immediate aftermath of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, it was evident that local governments and the emergency management community needed to engage a broader cross-section of faith and community-based organizations in all stages of disaster response. This session will provide best practice examples of counties that successfully partnered with key community stakeholders to maximize their effectiveness immediately following a crisis event.
- MARCUS COLEMAN Acting Director, FEMA, DHS Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- GINA CROSS Acting Director, AmeriCorps NCCC
- GREGORY FORRESTER President and CEO, National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- HON. JAMES GORE Supervisor, Sonoma County, Calif.
- TOREY POWELL Torey Powell, Program Manager, USDA Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships