NACo Officers and Officials
• NACo president Lenny Eliason, Ed Ferguson, deputy executive director, and Erik Johnston, associate legislative director, participated in a NACo-Cooperative Extension Dialogue in Kansas City, Mo. on May 3–4. The dialogue brought together leaders of NACo and Cooperative Extension, focused on examining successful state-local and NACo-extension partnerships, and identified mutual interests and opportunities for collaboration.
• Anita Cardwell has been promoted to the position of program manager in the County Services Department (CSD).
• Meghan Levine is the new justice associate in CSD. Levine graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor’s degree in political science and urban studies.
• Tony Jamison is the new membership assistant in the membership department. Having already interned at NACo, Jamison is a recent graduate of George Mason University with a degree in marketing.
• Anya Nowakowski is a new research assistant working on the County Intelligence Database. Nowakowski graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in economics.
• Jacqueline Byers, director of research and outreach, was the lead presenter in a learning block at the United Way International Community Leaders Conference held in Nashville May 2. “Community Leadership in Challenging Economic Times” addressed how United Way and its agencies can work with county governments to provide mutual solutions to pressing problems.