For 48 years, The National Association of Counties (NACo) has recognized innovative programs in county government through the Achievement Awards Program – an excellent opportunity for counties to promote successes and share best practices.
As a non-competitive awards program, each application is judged on its own merits and not against other submissions. Awards are given in 18 categories and one outstanding program from each category will be selected as the “Best in Category." Winners of the Achievement Awards will be recognized onstage at the 2018 NACo Annual Conference and Exposition in Davidson County/Nashville, Tenn. from July 13 – 16, 2018.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and learning about the outstanding accomplishments of counties across America!
- Deadline for Submissions: March 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Notifications of Decisions for Achievement Awards: Week of April 23, 2018
- 2018 NACo Annual Conference and Recognition of Award Recipients in Nashville/ Davidson County, Tennessee: July 13 – 16, 2018
2018 ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS CATEGORIES:
- Arts, Culture and Historic Preservation
- Children and Youth
- Civic Education and Public Information
- Community and Economic Development
- County Administration and Management
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety
- County Resiliency: Infrastructure, Energy and Sustainability
- Financial Management
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Parks and Recreation
- Personnel Management, Employment and Training
- Risk and Emergency Management
PAST AWARD WINNERS:
The NACo Achievement Award Search Portal is where you can find winning programs by cycle year, category and state since 2007. For more information on the Best in Category winners from the 2017 Achievement Awards, check out our Story Map here.