NACo Officers, County Officials
- NACo President Roy Charles Brooks spoke Sept. 21 at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, D.C. about combating early childhood poverty. Brooks was also a keynote speaker at the Wisconsin Counties Association Annual Conference, held Sept. 24-26 in Sauk County, and at the Nevada Association of Counties Annual Conference, in Humboldt County, Sept. 26-28.
- In more state association travel: NACo Second Vice President Mary Ann Borgeson spoke at the Wyoming Association of County Officials Annual Conference in Laramie County (Cheyenne), Sept. 26–28.
- NACo Immediate Past President Bryan Desloge was a featured speaker at the New Hampshire Association of Counties Annual Conference, held in Strafford County (Portsmouth), Sept. 20–23.
- Emilia Istrate, Counties Futures Lab managing director, discussed state caps on county revenue, mandates and other fiscal challenges at the Annual Conference of the International Association of Assessing Officers in Clark County, Nev. Sept. 24–27.
- Arthur Scott, associate legislative director, was among three panelists addressing Food, Planning, and the Farm Bill, at the American Planning Association’s 2017 Policy and Advocacy Conference, Sept. 25