NACo Officers, County Leaders
- Pasco County, Fla. Commissioner Kathryn Starkey will serve on a national trade advisory committee, providing advice to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative.The trade representative serves in a Cabinet level position, and is appointed as President Donald Trump’s principal trade advisor, negotiator and spokesperson on trade issues. There are eight advisory committees focusing on different trade issues. Starkey’s role on the Intergovernmental Policy Advisory Committee is “to represent the voice of local governments on U.S. trade issues,” according to a news release from Pasco County. She currently chairs NACo’s International Economic Development Task Force.
- On June 25, Immediate Past President Bryan Desloge represented counties at the National Civic League Board meeting.
- Julie Ufner, associate legislative director, presented “State, Regional and Local Perspectives” on water-related issues at the National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies Conference held July 9–12, in Santa Fe, N.M.
- Jessica Perez joins NACo as a justice associate in the County Solutions and Innovations Department. Before joining NACo, Jessica worked as a legal assistant with Brownell Landrigan LLC. Prior to that, she held several internships on Capitol Hill, both on the House and Senate side.
- Two new staffers have joined the IT Division: Elliott Saltares, as a systems engineer, and Seydou Belemvire as a systems/network engineer. Prior to joining NACo, Elliot served as a senior infrastructure and network engineer for the National Restaurant Association. Seydou worked as a network administrator and systems engineer with PATH, an international health organization.