- Rashida Brown has joined NACo as an associate program director for human services. Brown previously served as director of policy, planning and research at District of Columbia’s Office of State Superintendent of Education. Prior to that, she served as a policy analyst with the Washington, D.C. Mayor’s Office and as senior policy associate with American Public Human Services Association.
- Brian Bowden, associate legislative director for health, participated on a panel at the State of Advocacy Forum, sponsored by CQ, the Grassroots Professional Network and George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management Jan. 31. Bowden spoke on a panel examining health care advocacy.
- Daria Daniel, associate legislative director, represented NACo on a panel at the 2018 Workforce Development Institute held in Orleans Parish, La. Jan. 30–Feb. 2.
- Jack Peterson, associate legislative director, gave a legislative update at the County Commissioners Association of West Virginia’s Legislative Association Meeting & Educational Training Series held in Kanawha County (Charleston) Jan. 28-30.
- Hadi Sedigh, associate legislative director, represented NACo at a meeting held by the Addiction Policy Forum to improve awareness and understanding of substance use disorders, treatment and recovery in Washington, D.C. Jan. 24.
- Linda Langston, strategic relations director, participated in a panel discussion on advancing data in risk assessment and resilience at a National Council for Science & Environment conference held Jan. 23–24 in Arlington County, Va.